Welcome to our blog, where we take you on a journey to discover the best corporate retreat locations in the U.S. Whether you’re seeking relaxation, conference, or training, we’ve got you covered. With so many options to choose from, we’ve done the research to bring you the cream of the crop. So sit back, relax, and let us guide you to the perfect destination for your next corporate getaway. Let’s explore :)
What is a corporate retreat?
A corporate retreat is like a work vacation but better! It’s a chance for a company or organization to take their team out of the office and into a different setting, where they can work, learn, and bond together in a more relaxed and fun environment. Think of it as a team-building adventure that’s designed to boost morale, improve communication, and inspire creativity. It’s a great opportunity to escape the daily grind and recharge your batteries while still being productive.
Our Top Four Corporate Retreat Locations
1. Sandy Creek Farms in West Tennessee
- Located on a 430+ acre property with manicured forests, extensive landscaping, and hiking trails
- Outdoor sculptures and various natural areas to explore
- Numerous indoor and outdoor areas
- Overnight accommodations provided, including a pet-friendly compound
- Private island available for use, featuring a natural stone pavilion and seating area, underwater lighting, and a lake fountain
- Single-day or multi-day packages are offered to accommodate any event needs
- Beautiful nature and outdoor scenery for stunning photo opportunities
- On-site fitness center, guest laundries and kitchen, and watercraft rentals available for guest use
- Tables, chairs, lighting, setup, and cleanup are included in the packages
- Additional benefits include dressing quarters and caterers kitchen, lighted parking area with a parking attendant, banquet seating, round tables, rectangular tables, pub tables with stools, all-weather exterior furniture, natural wood chairs for the event, on-site venue representative, on-site security, setup and tear down, endless photo opportunities, and a dance floor area.
Sandy Creek Farms is not only the top destination wedding venue in Tennessee but also an ideal location for corporate retreats. With 430 acres of stunning landscape, it’s perfect for team-building activities and relaxation. Here are some reasons why Sandy Creek Farms is a fantastic option for your next corporate retreat:
- Private Island: The private island located in the property’s 20-acre lake is a breathtaking location for any outdoor celebration, including corporate retreats. It provides a stunning backdrop for team bonding and activities.
- Rustic Barn Banquet Hall: Sandy Creek Farms offers two indoor venues, The Stables and The Pavilion, that are perfect for indoor events, meetings, and team-building activities. The structures are designed with modern amenities and are spacious enough to accommodate your team.
- Modern Accommodations: Sandy Creek Farms has a variety of modern accommodations that are perfect for corporate retreats, including The Bungalows, Chef’s Cottage, The Magnolia, Lakeview Cabin, and Library Loft. Each lodging option has modern amenities to ensure your team’s comfort and convenience.
- Nearby Options: If you’re looking for additional lodging options for your team, Hampton Inn and Pleasant View Resort are within a few miles of Sandy Creek Farms.
- Hiking Trails and ATV Trails: Sandy Creek Farms has miles of hiking and ATV trails that provide a perfect opportunity for outdoor team-building activities and relaxation.
- Hunting: For teams that enjoy hunting, Sandy Creek Farms offers a variety of game species to hunt, including deer, turkey, and quail.
Overall, Sandy Creek Farms provides a unique and relaxing location for corporate retreats. It’s a place where your team can bond, relax, and recharge, surrounded by stunning natural beauty.
2. The Lodge at Woodloch
- A peaceful and productive environment in Northeastern Pennsylvania’s Lake Region
- Several unique meeting spaces, perfect for executive meetings, seminars, and conferences
- The 1,350-square-foot Fireside Room is a versatile meeting venue for groups of 10 to 88 people
- The Fireside Room offers state-of-the-art audio/visual equipment and complimentary wireless high-speed internet
- Innovative catering by a celebrated Chef, who can create custom gourmet spa cuisine for all types of gatherings
- The Lodge at Woodloch offers a philosophy of personal awakening and encourages personal growth
- All-inclusive packages designed to concentrate on wellness journey
- Lavish accommodations, artfully-crafted gourmet meals, stimulating speakers and workshops, and more included in packages
- Award-winning spa with customized treatments and services for unique wellness goals
- Spa cuisine features hand-picked ingredients from on-property garden and local farms, focusing on healthy cooking techniques.
The Lodge at Woodloch in Northeastern Pennsylvania offers a peaceful and productive environment for corporate retreats and events. The luxurious destination spa provides unique meeting spaces and the flexibility to customize events for groups of 10 to 88 people. The versatile 1,350-square-foot Fireside Room features state-of-the-art audio/visual equipment, large windows, and innovative catering by the celebrated Chef. The River Birch Board Room is perfect for small board meetings or as a break-out space. The Lodge at Woodloch embraces a philosophy of personal awakening and offers over 35 unique daily classes and offerings for guests to explore. All-inclusive packages include lavish accommodations, artfully-crafted gourmet meals, inspiring creative arts, and scheduled group fitness and mind/body classes. The Lodge also offers award-winning spa treatments and services customized to meet individual wellness goals and locally grown spa cuisine.
3. Koloa Landing Resort
- Book corporate meetings or incentives by June 30, 2023, and host events by Dec 31, 2024, to select perks based on total room nights and banquet revenue.
- Select perks include 50,000 points, one-hour welcome reception, a coffee break, a basic AV package, one-hour Hawaiian entertainment, VIP welcome amenity, and Hawaiian centerpieces for one event.
- Koloa Landing® has 39,000 sq ft of indoor/outdoor space to welcome up to 1,000 guests.
- The resort’s Hawaiian hospitality and genuine aloha spirit make guests feel at ease.
- Kauai’s natural surroundings provide opportunities for outdoor team building experiences such as meditation, yoga, whale watching, scavenger hunts, nature walks, snorkeling, scuba diving, surfing classes, soccer, beach volleyball, and golf.
- Koloa Landing® has a 12,000 sq ft ballroom with flexible meeting space and a pre-function covered lanai for outdoor coffee, breakfast, and lunch breaks for up to 500 guests.
Koloa Landing Resort on Kauai Island offers an impressive venue for corporate meetings, incentives, and retreats. With over 39,000 square feet of indoor/outdoor space, the resort can accommodate up to 1,000 guests and provides contemporary, pillar-free facilities with natural lighting and stunning views of the lush tropical garden.
Corporate groups can also take advantage of the resort’s team-building experiences, such as yoga, whale watching, nature walks, snorkeling, and more. Kauai’s breathtaking natural setting and outdoor activities provide a refreshing break from the daily grind and foster a sense of well-being among employees.
For those who book their event by June 30, 2023 and host it by December 31, 2024, Koloa Landing Resort offers a range of perks based on the total room nights and banquet revenue. These include 50,000 points, a one-hour welcome reception, coffee breaks, basic AV packages, one-hour Hawaiian entertainment, VIP welcome amenities, and Hawaiian centerpieces for one event. The number of perks increases with the number of room nights and food and beverage minimums.
Koloa Landing Resort’s expert staff strives to make every event unforgettable with their attention to detail and island-style service. With a creative team of experts, they can help design a corporate event that meets your needs and budget while delivering on-point service.
4. Cheeca Lodge & Spa
- Cheeca Lodge & Spa offers the best corporate retreat Florida can offer with luxurious accommodations and an attentive staff.
- The resort features 15,000 square feet of versatile conference space and outdoor meeting spaces for creative brainstorming sessions.
- Onsite activities include sunset cruises, tennis, and spa treatments.
- Cheeca Lodge is ideal for small to mid-size corporate meetings, board and company retreats, teambuilding exercises, and client appreciation visits.
- The venue can also accommodate family reunions and weddings.
Cheeca Lodge & Spa in Islamorada offers the best corporate retreat Florida has to offer with team bonding activities, luxurious accommodations, first-class dining onsite, and a dedicated staff that ensures a successful event. They offer 15,000 square feet of versatile conference space with outdoor meeting spaces, like a brainstorming session on their 520-foot fishing pier or a breakout meeting aboard their motorized catamaran. They also provide a variety of activities like sunset cruises, tennis, and spa treatments. Cheeca Lodge & Spa accommodates a variety of corporate events and retreats like team building exercises, employee incentive trips, board and company retreats, client appreciation visits, group fishing excursions and tournaments, weddings and social events, and family reunions. They accept all major credit cards for deposits and final payments, and groups of 10 rooms or more can begin planning their Florida Keys retreat or meeting today by completing a request for proposal.
What to consider when choosing a corporate retreat location
Choosing a location for a corporate retreat can be a lot of fun, but it’s also a big responsibility! You want to find a spot that’s both exciting and practical, where your team can bond and brainstorm without getting too distracted by the local nightlife (or maybe you do want to get distracted by the local nightlife, in which case, more power to you!). But with so many great destinations, how do you decide where to go? Here are some things to keep in mind as you start your search.
Hot or Not, Make Sure You’re Covered
When it comes to choosing a corporate retreat location based on weather, it’s important to consider temperature, rain, and humidity. If you’re looking for a desert-themed retreat with warm weather and plenty of outdoor activities, Palm Springs is the place for you. If you’re after a more rustic experience with mild and pleasant temperatures, head to a ranch in Texas such as Bandera or Austin. San Diego is the perfect destination for year-round mild and sunny weather, with a vibrant culinary scene and a variety of cuisine from around the world. No matter what your preference, there’s a destination with the perfect weather for your corporate retreat.
Work Hard, Play Harder
When choosing a corporate retreat location, you’ll want to consider the availability of meeting spaces as well as a variety of amenities and activities for employees to relax and recreate. Look for a location that offers a range of rental properties with fully-equipped kitchens, mountain or lake views, and even a pool, fire pit, and private bedrooms/suites. If you’re after a more traditional approach, a hotel with banquet rooms, lounges, and a kitchen is a great option for a weeknight out. Whatever your preference, make sure the location provides plenty of options for relaxation and recreation.
Find Your Perfect Landscape
Want to get creative? First, think about what activities you want to do. Rustic cabin for team-building or beach resort for outdoor adventures? Next, consider group size and vibe. Cozy cabin or conference center? Serene setting or bustling city? Remember, the right landscape depends on your team’s needs and goals. So, get creative and find the unexpected spot that will make your retreat unforgettable!
Getting There and Getting Around
When planning a corporate retreat, transportation is an essential factor to consider. You want to choose a location that’s easy for employees to travel to, whether they’re driving or flying. Once they arrive, make sure the location provides good transportation options, such as shuttles, car rentals, or public transportation. Consider the budget and how the location fits into it. Additionally, work-friendly venues with fast wifi and ample table space can greatly affect productivity. Remember to factor in the cost of travel, proximity to major airports, and the duration of the retreat when making your final decision.
When it comes to planning a corporate retreat, accommodations are an essential part of the equation. After a day filled with team-building activities, your attendees will want a comfortable and welcoming space to relax in. Look for accommodations that are appropriate for your group’s size and requirements, whether that means a hotel, vacation rental, or resort. Check for nearby amenities like a gym or pool, and ensure the location is convenient to the retreat’s activities. For instance, if your retreat is focused on outdoor activities, search for accommodations that provide easy access to hiking trails or skiing areas. It’s also important to consider dietary restrictions and ensure comfortable sleeping arrangements for all attendees.
Get More Bang for Your Buck
Budgeting is always an important consideration when planning a corporate retreat. Begin by determining the amount of money available and plan accordingly for accommodations, transportation, meals, activities, and other expenses. Consider how much each attendee is willing to pay and the overall value of the retreat. Look for cost-effective options that still provide an exceptional experience for attendees. Be on the lookout for off-peak travel times, local deals, and package deals that can help you save on costs. Additionally, it’s a good idea to leave room in the budget for any unexpected expenses that may arise.
Timing is Everything
The time of year is a crucial factor to consider when choosing a location for your corporate retreat. Weather, peak travel times, and local events can all have an impact on the availability and cost of accommodations and activities. For example, if you’re planning a retreat in a beach location, consider going during the shoulder season, when prices are lower, and crowds are smaller. If you’re planning a retreat in a mountain location, consider going during the winter for skiing or snowboarding or during the summer for hiking and outdoor activities. It’s also important to keep your company’s schedule in mind when choosing a date for the retreat. Look for a time when most employees are available and able to attend.
Better Safe Than Sorry
Safety should be a top priority when choosing a corporate retreat location. Consider the area’s crime rate, the availability of emergency services, and the accessibility of the location by air, train, or car. Look for facilities and activities that can accommodate different dietary restrictions, lifestyles, and activity levels. Ensure the venue is comfortable and inviting to all attendees, providing a safe space for bonding and sharing experiences.
Set the Tone for Success
An overall theme or goal for your corporate retreat can help you achieve the desired outcomes. Whether it’s team-building, strategic planning, or creativity and innovation, ensure that the theme is reflected in the location, activities, and accommodations. For instance, if you’re planning a team-building retreat, a rural location with outdoor activities may be best, while a strategic planning retreat may be better suited to a city location with access to meeting spaces and technology. Consider your company’s goals and values when choosing a theme and location for your retreat.
Corporate Retreat Destinations
Here are some great states to consider for your corporate retreat:
Known for its beautiful mountains and scenic landscapes, Tennessee is a great location for a nature-based retreat. The state is also known for its rich musical heritage, making it an ideal destination for music-themed retreats.
With its beautiful beaches, stunning coastline, and vibrant cities, California is a great location for a variety of retreats. The state is also known for its mild climate, making it a good choice for retreats year-round.
Texas is a great location for those seeking a blend of urban and outdoor experiences. The state’s major cities offer a range of cultural and recreational activities, while its vast countryside provides ample opportunities for outdoor adventures.
Colorado is a top destination for those looking for outdoor activities, including hiking, skiing, and mountain biking. The state is also known for its scenic beauty, with picturesque mountain vistas and stunning natural landmarks like the Garden of the Gods.
The Pros and Cons of Having a Corporate Retreat in Tennessee
- Tennessee is home to the Great Smoky Mountains, lush forests, rolling hills, and pristine lakes – making it a picturesque backdrop for any retreat.
- Known as the birthplace of country music, Tennessee has a vibrant music scene with live performances at venues across the state. Nashville‘s Honky Tonk Row is a great place to experience the energy and excitement of live music.
- Tennessee is famous for its Southern-style cuisine, including hot chicken, biscuits, and barbecue. Indulge in some delicious comfort food during your retreat.
- From hiking and fishing to kayaking and white water rafting, Tennessee has much to offer for outdoor adventure.
- Tennessee is rich in history, with many museums and landmarks dedicated to the Civil War and the music industry.
- Weather: Tennessee can experience extreme weather, from hot and humid summers to cold and icy winters. Be sure to plan your retreat during a comfortable time of year.
- Crowds: Tennessee is a popular tourist destination, especially in Nashville and Gatlinburg, so be prepared for crowds during peak travel times.
- Limited Accessibility: Tennessee’s smaller cities and towns may be difficult to reach for those flying in, as there are limited direct flights to some areas.
- Religious conservatism: Tennessee is a more conservative state, with strong religious beliefs that may not align with all corporate cultures.
- Traffic: Nashville can experience heavy traffic during rush hour, which may cause delays and inconvenience for your team.
According to a recent survey, Tennessee was the 9th most visited state in the US, with over 126 million visitors in 2020. With so much to offer, it’s no surprise why! So, grab your boots and head on down to Tennessee for your next corporate retreat. Y’all won’t be disappointed!
The Pros and Cons of Having a Corporate Retreat in California
A corporate retreat in California can be a great way to combine business with pleasure, but as with any destination, there are both pros and cons to consider. Here’s a detailed look at some of the most significant factors:
- California is known for its breathtaking natural beauty, from the rugged coastline of Big Sur to the towering redwoods of Muir Woods. These stunning landscapes can provide a refreshing break from the hustle and bustle of city life, and can help to inspire creativity and fresh ideas.
- California has a diverse range of cities and landmarks, each with its own unique character and attractions. Some popular options for corporate retreats include San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego, Lake Tahoe, Napa Valley, and Joshua Tree National Park.
- California is known for its mild, sunny climate, which makes it a great year-round destination for outdoor activities and sightseeing.
- California is home to some of the world’s best restaurants, bars, and entertainment venues, from Michelin-starred fine dining establishments to quirky dive bars and nightclubs.
- California is notorious for its high cost of living, which can make it an expensive destination for corporate retreats. This is especially true in cities like San Francisco and Los Angeles, where hotel and restaurant prices can be sky-high.
- Major cities in California can be notoriously congested, with gridlock traffic during rush hour and peak tourist season. This can make getting around a challenge and cause frustration for attendees.
- California is prone to earthquakes, wildfires, and other natural disasters, disrupting travel plans and creating safety concerns for attendees.
- Some parts of California have high rates of homelessness and poverty, which can create safety concerns and make certain areas less desirable for corporate retreats.
The Pros and Cons of Having a Corporate Retreat in Texas
- From the Gulf Coast beaches to the rolling Hill Country, Texas offers numerous landscapes to suit any retreat activity. Texas Hill Country venues in particular, are the most breathtaking among what the state provides.
- Compared to popular destinations like California or New York, Texas is a more affordable option for hosting a corporate retreat. You can get more bang for your buck!
- With Texas’ rich cowboy culture, there are plenty of opportunities for fun team-building activities like cattle drives, cowboy cookouts, and horseback riding. On the other hand, major cities like Dallas give a more metro vibe.
- Texas is known for its delicious cuisine, especially its BBQ and Tex-Mex dishes. You won’t go hungry during your retreat!
- Texas has several major airports and interstates, making getting around and traveling to and from your retreat easy.
- Texas weather can be unpredictable, with hot summers and occasional severe storms. Be sure to plan accordingly and have backup indoor activities planned.
- Texas is a large state, which means travel time between destinations can be longer than expected. Be sure to factor in travel time when planning your itinerary.
- Some popular destinations in Texas, like Austin and San Antonio, can get crowded with tourists, especially during peak travel season. Consider less crowded destinations if you want a more intimate retreat experience.
- While Texas offers a lot of diversity in landscapes, it may not be the best option if you’re looking for outdoor activities like skiing or snowboarding, as Texas doesn’t have any major ski resorts.
- Texas is a popular vacation destination, which means that some hotels and resorts may be booked up during peak travel times. Be sure to book early to secure your accommodations.
According to a recent survey, Texas was the second most popular state for travel in the United States, with over 231 million visitors in 2020. With so much to offer, it’s no wonder why! So, saddle up and plan your next corporate retreat in the Lone Star State.
The Pros and Cons of Having a Corporate Retreat in Colorado
- Colorado is known for its breathtaking mountain landscapes, crystal clear lakes, and lush forests. It’s a nature lover’s paradise and the perfect backdrop for a memorable retreat.
- With over 300 days of sunshine a year, Colorado offers endless outdoor activities, from winter skiing and snowboarding to summer hiking and rafting. There’s something for everyone to enjoy.
- Colorado has over 400 craft breweries, making it a beer lover’s dream. Take a brewery tour and taste some of the finest craft brews in the country.
- Colorado has a strong wellness culture, with many retreat centers and spas that offer yoga, meditation, and other wellness practices. It’s the perfect place to unwind and recharge.
- Colorado is known for its thriving economy, highly educated workforce and a booming tech industry. It’s a great place to network and make connections during your retreat.
- Colorado’s high altitude can cause altitude sickness, which can be challenging for some participants. Be sure to allow for acclimatization time if necessary.
- Colorado’s weather can be unpredictable, with sudden changes in temperature and weather conditions. Be prepared for anything and pack accordingly.
- Colorado is a popular tourist destination, especially in ski towns like Aspen and Vail, so be prepared for crowds during peak travel times.
- Colorado can be expensive, especially in popular tourist destinations. Be sure to budget accordingly.
- Colorado is a large state, and some retreat locations may be difficult to reach without a car. Plan transportation logistics ahead of time.
And there you have it, folks! These four unique corporate retreat locations and venues in the U.S. are sure to inspire your team, spark creativity, and strengthen your company culture. Whether you prefer the serene natural landscapes of the Pacific Northwest, the stunning mountain vistas of Colorado, the quaint charm of New England, or the vibrant culture of Miami, there’s a perfect spot for your next corporate getaway. So, grab your colleagues and pack your bags for an unforgettable experience that will bring your team closer together and energize your company’s vision. If yo’re interested in hosting your corporate retreat at Sandy Creek Farms, reach out to our team and we’ll be glad to help you. Happy team building!